It is common knowledge that supply of electricity to the towns and villagers is erratic and unreliable. There even are villages where electricity has not yet reached. The villages that have electricity some have interrupted supply only for a few hours in a day, while others do not have electricity for days at a time. Solar power can supply electricity to these outlying villages especially at night, thus reducing dependence on kerosene or oil. The lamp shall not only provide light to their homes, but also help charge mobiles and other gadgets.
How It Works
• Balajee identifies the poorest people from a village and supply them with solar lanterns.
• The lanterns are purchased in bulk from a reputed company i-solarite, which is a UK based company. This brand manufactures the lanterns in India.
• The people will be given a product demonstration and taught how to maintain them.
• Efforts shall be made to avail a subsidy for the solar lantern if applicable. The lantern has 3 years of battery life with a 3 -year guarantee from the manufacturer.
• The NGO wants to target 2000 poor families to distribute or donate solar lamps to in the financial year 2015-16.
• Any donations through Give India or other donors will help provide these laterns free of cost to the beneficiaries.
• The solar lamps can be charged in sunlight and used throughout the year.
• The company I-solarite manufactures the lanterns in India through a manufacturing and assembling unit present in India. They are supplying as per demand on time.
• There is also a pressing need for commitment on supply and repairing services.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|5 lamps from i-SOLARLITE, Model: i-lite||2805.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.