Walking past a beggar and the suffering, a man asks, "Why, oh God, do you not do something for these people?" To which God replied, "I did do something, I made you." -- Old Sufi saying
|Here are a few ways how you can help:|
1. Make a Donation
Donate to an India charity organization from this Non profit organizations list on the site and change a life today!
2. Joining In
Join in or subscribe to one of the growing online GiveIndia Communities:
3. Spread the Word
- If you have a website of your own...
then put up a GiveIndia banner or a GiveIndia widget on your site, which will help your visitors find us
- If you use email to keep in touch for work and home…
then add a GiveIndia message to your signature line and spread the word among your friends, family and colleagues
- Share any of these themed pages with friends, family, colleagues and others
4. Volunteer with Us
GiveIndia is always on the lookout for committed and capable volunteers. While some GiveIndia departments require specific skill sets, in many other cases a willingness to assume responsibility while learning simple new systems is what we need.
Volunteering with GiveIndia means the following:
- Helping the current team in specific tasks that will involve execution
- Adhering to deadlines that have been mutually agreed
- A minimum commitment of 2 hours a day
We do not encourage people who:
- have lots of new ideas and strategies and want us to try them
- cannot be responsive on mail and will need following up constantly
What there in it for a volunteer:
- You will get taken very seriously and based on commitment and delivering of responsibilities. We will engage very actively with you once we are sure of this.
- gain a great deal of exposure to an emerging model of philanthropy
- Be part of the change that India's largest online philanthropy marketplace is bringing about
Volunteers who have basic computer skills – Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint will find it easier to fit our technology driven working style.
Currently we need volunteers:
a) to help in verifying that a beneficiary of donation received from GiveIndia actually
exists. This is a one time activity.
b) with advanced HTML and CSS skills to implement and execute our design related
c) with a strong SEO/SEM understanding to execute tasks to improve our search engine
See details of other volunteering opportunities with GiveIndia
4. Other ways to help NGOs:
There are many ways you can lend your support to NGOs. Take your pick on how and whom you'd like to help.